Students are welcome to dress up for Halloween next Thursday, October 31st. As with any other events where students are provided the opportunity to dress up (i.e. spirit week) there will be specific guidelines to follow. Please be sure to follow the guidelines below:
- 1. Dress code rules will still apply. Therefore, costumes cannot be revealing, distracting, see-through, have plunging necklines, or be excessively short. Underwear must be completely covered and safe footwear must be worn at all times.
- 2. Costumes must be tasteful. Underclothing/ lingerie is not an appropriate costume.
- The costume should not hamper the student’s responsibility to carry school supplies or be seated in class or prohibit them from changing for PE.
- 3. Masks (or covering of the face of any kind), weapons, guns, spears, knives, canes, sticks, are NOT allowed. Sorry, no lightsabers either!
- 4. No baby bottles or pajamas. No pacifiers, false teeth, or anything else that can be placed in the mouth- we do not want our students to choke during the lessons.
- 5. Costumes must not be demeaning to any ethnic, group, race, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, gender identification, or any individual (staff or student) at the school.
- 6. Costumes should not reflect graphic violence, gang affiliation, illegal substances or activities, derogatory or disrespectful or portrays violence.
- 7. No silly string or toy- like accessories.
MOST OF ALL, BE RESPECTFUL AND RESPONSIBLE!
Anyone who does not follow the Halloween Dress Code will be subjected to the dress code violation consequences located in the CHORD Policy or further disciplinary actions such as a call home for a change of clothing. Please make every effort to keep this day fun and safe for all students.
In all, if you are not sure or are questioning if a costume is inappropriate, don’t wear it! Be kind and keep it fun! As always, be mindful of your actions and the people around you! Let’s make this a fun event!