Attending a Board Meeting
Where and When
Meetings are typically held at 7:00 p.m. in the Tamarac Secondary School Library.
Community members are encouraged to share their thoughts during the public comment period, which starts and ends each meeting. Individuals who would like to speak are recognized by the Board president and asked to state their name. Comments should be as concise and brief as possible to allow the Board time to conduct its business. Questions about the operation of the schools should be directed to the teacher or administrator closest to the situation.
Agenda and Minutes
The meeting agenda is available online as soon as they are available. Agendas are prepared by the Superintendent and forwarded to Board members prior to each meeting to keep them informed on agenda topics requiring action.
In addition to its regular meetings, the Board sometimes finds it necessary to hold executive sessions. Only Board members, the Superintendent and individuals the Board would like to speak with are allowed in these meetings. New York State law allows Boards of Education to call executive sessions to discuss personnel matters, potential litigation, employee contract negotiations, and other sensitive issues. All official actions by the board, however, must and do take place during the public portion of the meeting.
The Board of Education aspires that Brunswick Central School shall be a school district in which:
- All students are valued for their individuality and are challenged to develop their unique abilities to the fullest.
- The District’s schools provide a work environment in which mutual respect and cooperation are cultivated.
- The instructional environment of the District is creative, engaging, and effective.
- The District is a work environment that attracts and sustains the most skilled educators.
- Our community is an active partner in the District’s pursuit of excellence.