Student Dress Code
All students are expected to dress appropriately for school and school functions. A student’s dress, grooming and appearance including hair style/color, jewelry, make-up and nails, shall:
- Be safe, appropriate and not disrupt or interfere with the educational process.
- Recognize that extremely brief, inappropriate, revealing, or distracting garments such as tube tops, net tops, plunging necklines (front and/or back), and see-through garments are not appropriate.
- Ensure that underwear is completely covered with outer clothing.
- Include footwear at all times. Footwear that is a safety hazard will not be allowed.
- Not include the wearing of hats in the classroom except for a medical or religious purpose.
- Not include items that are vulgar, obscene, libelous or which denigrate others on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation or disability.
- Not promote and/or endorse the use of alcohol, tobacco, or illegal drugs, and/or encourage other illegal or violent activities.