November 19, 2020
Brunswick CSD Community,
Today the District was informed of one new positive case of the COVID-19 virus involving a 9th grade student. The student was last in the building on November 10th. Please be advised that there were no exposures at school and the student has not been in attendance for the past nine days.
Based on the student’s positive test date, lack of symptoms and their last day in school, Rensselaer County Department of Health advised the district that no contact tracing is necessary.
Please remember that we must all work together to help stop the spread of COVID-19. Members of our entire school community can assist our efforts by promoting healthy behaviors and adhering to the following practices:
- Know the symptoms of COVID-19 and how to identify them in yourself and others.
- Fill out the daily COVID-19 screening email for each student in your household.
- Stay home from school or work if sick, even if the symptoms are mild.
- Wear a face covering.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or sleeve, throw away the tissue in the trash. Immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are touched often.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid large group gatherings.
While we understand that you would like additional details, we are not permitted by privacy laws to identify students or staff members involved. We have provided as much information as possible. Anyone with questions and/or who needs to report a COVID-19 related health issue should contact the District’s COVID-19 resource person via the dedicated email addresses COVIDhotline@brunswickcsd.org and COVIDreporting@brunswickcsd.org.
Dr. Angelina Maloney