To the Tamarac Elementary School Community,
About 10:45 a.m. this morning, we had a transformer burn out in a heating unit in Mrs. Tully's 4th grade classroom. The transformer did smoke, and there was a strong smell from the burnt unit, but there were no other issues in the classroom. There was no fire. Mrs. Tully's class has been relocated to another classroom. Student materials, including lunches and clothing, will be moved by staff to the new classroom - students will not be returning to Mrs. Tully's classroom for the remainder of the day. There will be no other changes to the school day for this class or any other class at this time.
Rich Pogue, Principal