As we celebrate National School Counseling Week, we would like to recognize one of our high school counselors, Mrs. Patricia Poupore. Here are some facts Mrs. Poupore shared with us:
- I grew up in Scotia (graduated from Scotia-Glenville High School)
- College: Elmira College (Bachelor's Degree in Human Services)
- Grad School: Lesley University (Masters Degree in Counseling Psychology, specialization in School Counseling)
- I started working at Tamarac HS in 2012
- Favorite Food: Chips and Dip
- My fun fact from the PSAT sheets last year: I can fold a fitted sheet! I'm not sure how fun that is, but I have given lessons!
The High School Counselor functions as a primary student advocate within the school community by challenging, encouraging and supporting students. Counseling Center services include individual and group counseling, conferences with students, parents and faculty, student assessments, college and career information, consultation and coordinating referral services. On a day to day basis they are also available to deal with crisis situations that need immediate attention.
Mrs. Poupore can be found in the counseling center in the secondary building. Further information regarding the counseling center and contact information can be found here: https://www.brunswickcsd.org/o...